Jun 6, 2004

This week

This week I was twice introduced as a philosopher.
This week I was made an honorary Egyptian and named “Dan the white guy.”
This week I told a customer flirting with me to “just go away.”
This week I had my kitchen cleaned by a woman with tribal tattoos.
This week I received a letter of apology for the way someone acted when I was 13.
This week I dealt with one angry customer and one computer break downa day.
This week I went to a diner with the friend of a friend to talk about watching a baby die.
This week I was sworn at by my boss for three days.
This week I ate with the girls named “the brides of Dracula,” twice.
This week I was confused by their jealousy.
This week I realized my roommate’s plans are a mask for winging it.
This week I re-read Heidegger.
This week I had my first day off in since mid-May.
This week I couldn’t remember who I was.