Aug 10, 2007

Reporting on reporting on my reporting

[The suspended chief deputy] told the investigator that the first he heard about the overtime pay concerns or the allegations he had lied to the sheriff was when he received a phone call from a Clayton News Daily reporter.

“I had no idea what was going on,” Cassells told the investigator. “I received a call from one of the reporters and he said, ‘Hey, is thing going on between you and the sheriff, what, you know, how you feel it’s going to turn out?’ And I was like, ‘What thing?’ And he said, ‘Well, the sheriff says you, that you lied to him or something.’ And I said, ‘No, I didn’t lie to the sheriff and, you know, when this thing ends up, all this will be cleared up.’”

Read Suspended sheriff's deputy plans to fight firing @ the Clayton News Daily