Oct 9, 2007

Act of desperation

Wearing handcuffs, a 26-year-old father of two said he was desperate, said he wanted to prove he could provide, and said he was very sorry.

Curtis Bullock was arrested at a dumpsite on Arrowhead Boulevard, early Monday morning, on charges he took $538 from a Waffle House at gun point, Clayton County Police said.

Officer Michael Leggs wrote, in his report, that police chased Bullock, on foot, through the neighborhood and caught up with him at the dumpsite, a little after 4 a.m.

Bullock tried to explain, according to the police report. "Man," he allegedly said, "I was about to be put out of my house. I got two kids. My wife is going to kill me."

Leggs said, "Everybody works hard for their money."

"I just got laid off from work. We are going to be put out," said Bullock, who lives in an apartment at 875 Garden Walk Boulevard, in College Park, and has been unemployed for eight months.

Leggs told Bullock that the 6350 Tara Blvd., Waffle House would want it's money back, according to the police report. Bullock told the officers the money was in his pocket.

Read the full story, Armed robbery begins, ends weekend, @ the Clayton News Daily.