Feb 1, 2010

NOTE

For the moment at least, and maybe for a couple, I'm going to try to turn this blog to a different purpose. I need it, right now, to be a place for notes in American studies, the beginnings of ideas of essays and pieces of papers -- a space where I can work out and keep track of some thinking. More along the lines of what was posted last week.

So we're taking a more critical, essayistic turn and tone.

I am not, by any means, stopping the other writing, the fiction and creative writing. I am trying to put those energies into longer-form efforts, and recently writing short-short fiction here was making more substantial efforts more difficult. I plan to push myself with the fiction, which of course you, my few readers, will know about as soon as there's some success to know about.

Thanks, always, for reading.